Senior Product Marketing Manager - Scientific Lasers- Northern CA based
Position Filled 8.6.17
140-165k compensation range, excellent benefits package
Rudzinsky Associate’s (RA’s) client is an industry-leading global supplier of advanced laser solutions to the scientific research, microelectronics, solar, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, and life and health sciences markets. RA’s client’s product portfolio includes a wide range of ultrafast, Q-switched DPSS, CW and Quasi-CW, high-energy pulsed, tunable, and fiber-based lasers.
RA’s client’s people combine world class engineering and problem solving skills with highly developed listening skills and an unwavering dedication to helping RA’s client’s customers succeed. Their teams push the technology envelope and collaborate across a range of design discipline in RA’s client’s search for inventive solutions.
RA’s client’s processes are lean and agile and RA’s client’s employees are innovative and focused. They work hard to be easy to work with and they measure RA’s client’s success by the success of their customers.
Cutting edge science and engineering along with the ability to identify with customers are not often found together. When they fuse, the combination is extraordinary. The best employees of RA’s client create that fusion.
RA’s client proudly offers extensive, competitive and well-rounded benefits packages to their employees. At RA’s client, they value the special talents and skills their employees provide to them, and they know that without their satisfaction and dedication their continued success would not be possible.
RA’s client is seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager for owning and driving the business performance of a scientific laser product line / laser product portfolio.
- Own the product line revenue, 10-20mm, orders, P&L and strategy
- Define and communicate the product line strategy including positioning, 4 P’s and partnering
- Forecast, with sales and operations input, product line volumes, revenues and margins
- Contribute to the development of RA’s client’s product and technology roadmap
- Develop an understanding of market segmentation, application and customer needs, competition, market trends and dynamics to support strategies to target new opportunities and threats
- Develop the requirements and business cases for new products
- Manage the product lifecycle from product launch to obsolescence
- Drive product line decisions including product changes, resource priorities, obsolescence, etc.
- Set product line pricing strategy
- Make pricing and go-no go decisions for non-standard product inquiries
- Facilitate business development through training of the sales force, customer visits and demos, building relationships with key influencers and customers
- Create messaging and content for marketing materials including advertisements, data sheets, tradeshows, web site, PR, product memos, newsletters and collateral
- Champion the product line through presentations at conferences and writing application targeted technical articles/white papers, assist with tradeshow preparation and execution
- Develop product line service strategy with service department
- Assist worldwide sales and service with technical support
- Travel 20%-25%
- Minimum 5-10 years product marketing experience
- Minimum 5-10 years industry experience in photonics or Life and Health Science Applications
- Education: M.S. or Ph.D. in lasers or laser applications or equivalent
- M.B.A. or equivalent business experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and works well in complex cross-functional, global situations
- Strategic thinker / planner while adept at tactical decisions and requirements of role
- US Person required
RA’s client is an equal opportunity employer. Our client solicits and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our client’s policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. Our client conducts background checks and drug screens, in accordance with their company policies and federal and state guidelines