Scientific Laser Sales - Western U.S.
6 figure package, attractive benefits and incentives
Rudzinsky Associates’ (RA) client is a multinational leader in diode lasers, ultrafast scientific lasers and photonics products for scientific and industrial applications. Our client is growing, and expanding their US presence and product portfolio
We are seeking a proven Laser Sales Professional, able to work independently from a home office with experience in the academic, research lab markets for lasers and photonic products. Communication skills and teamwork are required in this highly challenging opportunity.
- Product discovery/Application development including the integration of RA’s client’s lasers in to customer applications. Working closely to convert home builders to RA’s client customers
- Support the entire team of RA’s client in their activity to sell and support their products allowing RA’s client to attain an improved global market share in North America
- Disseminate into our client’s R&D team potential improvements on RA’s client’s products - whether originating individually or from customer feedback - and discuss their feasibility and the technical, financial and personnel requirements
- Implement product improvements and potential new product design using resources in North America when the potential program merits the need to manufacture in North America
- While doing product discovery, all efforts will initially focus on enhancing sales of RA’s client products to customers in North America within university laboratories. Use RA’s client customer database to identify potential customers. Visit potential customers and attend trade shows and conferences in North America and convince them about the quality of RA’s client products and the excellent customer service of RA’s client through demonstrations and presentations. Assist RA’s client team to achieve orders to meet the target given in the sales budget of RA’s client based on the US sales expectations of RA’s client
- Provide support during product demonstrations, tradeshow events, and workshops
- Provide detailed and profound technical and product advice to RA’s client’s sales team to help them understand the customer requirements, to suggest proper setups and to help with modifications required to assist customer applications
- Work with the President of RA’s client to provide any marketing and strategic information gained from research in the North American market and incubate this information into the strategic decisions to grow the North American and global businesses
- Visit the manufacturing facility in Munich to become familiar with the entire product range and the sales and marketing activities
- Timely trip and service reports
- Other duties as assigned
This individual should have a hands-on background ideally in diode lasers.
- Minimum MS Degree in physics, optics or similar experience
- Hands-on laser experience in Ultrafast or Quantum Technology communities, markets, end users
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent computer and project management skills
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Well organized, structured and task focused
- Confident negotiating skills, and ability to influence decision makers and gate keepers
- Ambitious to grow within the role, develop and build on current skills, improving overall skills and capabilities.
- Team-oriented mentality, but able to manage time independently and efficiently
- Identifying customers problems, consulting and providing a solutions based consultative sales approach