Project/Program Manager, Photonics, Optoelectronics
130-160k salary, attractive suburban Boston location
Rudzinsky Associate’s (RA’s) client is a leader in design, development and manufacture of photonic components and subsystems for the Defense, Aerospace, Life Science, CATV, telecommunication and industrial markets. Our lasers, detectors, modulators and integrated optical modules are recognized for high performance and reliability and are used by demanding market leaders worldwide.
RA’s client is seeking a talented Project Manager with a proven track record of managing projects to a timely and cost effective conclusion within the Defense, Industrial, Life Science, Energy, Space and Telecom industries. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years industry experience, advanced engineering and business degrees, solid technical background in photonics devices and integration technologies, extensive industry knowledge and an established contact base from which to draw suppliers and customers. The position is located in an attractive Boston, Suburban West location.
- Project Management Duties:
- Manage all aspects of project execution to satisfy customer requirements and ensure compliance with cost, schedule and performance requirements; develop and implement plans, coordinate, manage, and monitor execution in order to avoid specification shortfalls, budget overruns, schedule overruns and situations requiring emergency management.
- Act as a principal point of contact with the customer, ensure customer satisfaction, and develop personal credibility with customer organizations; manage and organize project reviews and sign-offs between RA’s client and the customer; review and approve all contract changes with special attention paid to cost, schedule and risk elements.
- Ensure that the agreed upon specifications meet customer needs and can be achieved on time and with acceptable ROI by RA’s client
- Provide a crucial link between RA’s client engineering, operations, finance, sales, management, and the customer; ensure effective communication and teamwork among all functional department heads and project functional team members so project objectives can be met.
- Lead and manage cross-functional and phased-gate new product introduction (NPI) projects.
- Maintain smooth and profitable operation within RA’s client.
- Business Development and Customer Support Duties:
- Initiate, direct, and participate in sales presentations, trade exhibits, product demonstrations, and other activities designed to identify current or potential customer needs and expectations.
- Plan and manage customer visits to solidify existing business relationships and to develop new opportunities to grow RA’s client project business.
- Lead initial program planning activities including proposal coordination and development; statement of work (SOW) specifications; estimation of product or service costs; negotiation of contract prices, financial terms and program requirements; and the subsequent administration of contracts, establishment of cost controls and budgets, and the monitoring, reporting and justifying of costs.
- Participate in strategic planning to best leverage RA’s client capabilities and apply these to new opportunities
- Develop and refine RA’s client capability presentations to target new business
- Other duties and responsibilities as business needs require.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field required; advanced engineering degree preferred; business degree a strong plus.
- Ten or more years of related industry experience or an equivalent combination of advanced degree education and experience, with a minimum of five years in technical project management roles.
- Background in photonics a strong plus.
- Proven ability to manage cross functional teams with conflicting/ competing priorities (manufacturing, engineering, quality, supply chain, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to transition products from development to production.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), contracts administration, cost analysis, and proposal management. Ability to communicate in an appropriate manner, internally and externally, with contacts at all levels within RA’s client and Customer’s organization.
- Good organizational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Motivated team player with a positive attitude who can work independently.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
US Citizen or Green Card Holder required.