Immediate 1 year+ position available in Waynesboro, GA.Job Description:
- The Area Contract Manager/Contract Technical Representative (CTR) will provide management of and/or oversee management of one or more contracts or scopes of work within a complex contract for nuclear construction from conception to closeout.
- Capable of acquiring and maintaining Nuclear Project clearance.
- Thorough understanding of requests for proposals, project scope, estimates, schedules, and permits.
- Thorough knowledge of construction scheduling, document control, and records requirements.
- Experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining appropriate path forward.
- Understanding of contract language to ensure sufficient knowledge of the areas of performance covered by contracts and subcontracts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing clear and concise reports.
- Knowledge of Construction practices, Field Engineering, and Contract Technical Representative responsibilities.
- Strong familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures.
- Experience with Nuclear or other major construction including Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC, Fire Protection, Instrumentation and Control.
- Experience with system and/or component functional testing and turnover to commissioning.
- Position typically requires a recognized degree in engineering, construction, or contracts law discipline or specialized courses in contract management and a minimum of eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Provide oversight and/or management for assigned scopes of work in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitor performance in accordance with contract terms and conditions and site-specific requirements.
- Provide support and participate in construction project integrated teams.
- Interface daily with Field Engineers, Design Engineers, Project Managers, subcontractors, project team members, and subject matter experts.
- Serve as the point of contact between the company and the contractor to provide clear and concise direction and prevent multiple lines of communication.
- Assists in the resolution of issues that arise during construction operations.
- Manage the timely completion of all construction related corrective actions.
- Maintain reports of contractor’s activities.
- Enhance contractor performance and assist in ensuring contract adherence, preventing contractor failure, and providing appropriate guidance to preclude contractor rework and reduce compliance risk.
- Participate in appropriate meetings with contractor including: (planning, progress review, schedule, walk downs, etc.).
- Support coordination of contractor activities with work performed by others.
- Enforce all contract requirements.
- Engaging appropriate subject matter experts as necessary to assist in verifying contract performance.
- Ensure appropriate contract documentation is generated and maintained.
- Track and ensure contractor requests, submittals, and required contract changes are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Review contractor’s invoices for approval.
- Provide field management and enforcement of safety, cost and schedule, technical, and environmental and health performance within the terms of the contract.
- As required, obtain support from design authority, procurement, quality control, Project Management and other organizations to ensure acceptable contract performance.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Marion@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Marion@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.