Immediate 10 month position available in Southport, NC.JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Workers at this level solve more complex problems in engineering areas of specialization with general supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
- They effectively apply fundamental concepts and procedures to work that is fairly complex and varied.
- 5 years discipline experience.
- Electrical Engineers provide engineering/technical expertise to solve complex problems, and skills to provide project management or oversight of work in a specific area of expertise, with minimal supervision and increased latitude for un-reviewed work.
- Incumbents are expected to have advanced skills and have the ability to work independently.
- Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise (Electrical Engineering).
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, engineering changes, calculations and sketches. Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical, engineering, and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an ABET accredited program or a current PE license is required.
- International engineering degree or Master’s degree in engineering will be considered in lieu of the B.S. Engineering Degree.
- 5+ years engineering experience in the nuclear industry.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear facility (General Employee Training, Radiation Worker Training, Security Clearance checks and subject to the site’s Fitness for Duty Program).
- Strong oral / written communication skills within a professional environment.
- Skilled in the practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Registration/Licensure as a Professional Engineer.
- In addition to Electrical also having Digital / I&C engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of digital upgrade specific licensing requirements and current 10CFR73.54 Cyber Security Requirements.
- Experience developing modification test plans.
- Experience in the 10CFR50.59 with respect to designing modifications to a nuclear facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or a combination of education plus equivalent work experience.
- Professional Engineer Licensure/Registration.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at email@example.com .
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.