Immediate 18 month position available in Birmingham, AL.Desired Qualifications:
Types of Minimum Required Skill Sets and Expertise:
- Lead Supplier Quality projects in determining acceptability of project equipment and materials.
- Develop and manage Project Quality Surveillance Plans for Environmental and New Generation projects.
- Interface with Project Engineers and Project Managers to provide support to projects.
- Communicate with assigned qualified contract personnel performing surveillance as required.
- Communicate with suppliers about Inspection Test Plan activities.
- Support and perform shop quality surveillances in suppliers' shops.
- Write concise and complete reports describing surveillance activities.
- Organizing key project documentation.
- Maintain good working relationships both within the company and with external suppliers and manufacturers.
- Strong working knowledge of power plant equipment.
- Experienced knowledge of applicable ASME, AWS, IEEE, ANSI and other codes and standards to ensure suppliers are in compliance with specified design and quality requirements.
- Proficient knowledge in fabrication inspection and manufacturing and shop operations involving procurement, equipment/material handling and shipping.
- Proven expereince performing project management.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and standards to ensure correct implementation by the supplier of the design and quality requirements established by such drawings, specifications and standards.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, etc).
- Engineering Degree is required.
- Must be willing to travel.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Allison@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing. Unique Perks available to those assigned in Birmingham, Alabama: Fully Furnished Townhomes available on a first come, first served basis; complimentary on-site banking available to all.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Allison@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.