Immediate direct position available in Huntsville, AL.POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The Electrical Engineer will serve as the Electrical Engineer in the Facilities and Infrastructure Directorate with responsibility for electrical engineering support of facility operations.
- Primarily supports military installations and operational energy and engineering tasks as required.
- Electrical engineering services are primarily in two functional areas.
- One area is with distribution and uses within buildings, from the local building meter to transformers, panels, controls, HVAC, lighting, elevators, and user/tenant equipment.
- Another functional area is with utility-level electrical distribution systems with SCADA controls, long-distance high voltage (161 kV and below), substation transformer and switching.
- Power sources include multiple utility feeds, large-scale utility-attached renewable energy systems and engine generators, as well as building-attached emergency backup engine generators.
- The Electrical Engineer will be involved in multiple projects for trouble-shooting, testing, repairing, maintaining, and designing renovations for these systems.
- The Engineer will collaborate with various supervisors of multiple departments tasked with building repair and renovations, and utility-level maintenance and improvements.
- The Engineer will assist customer managers and supervisors to fulfilling electrical engineering requirements.
- The Engineer keeps a “safety-first” approach for all work.
- This position requires an entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, and a desire to deliver unparalleled customer satisfaction.
- Provides engineering support for buildings & structures, equipment and utility systems operations, maintenance, repair, and construction activities.
- Manages planning, design, and scheduling of assigned projects.
- Performs electrical engineering surveys for cost reduction, to improve work methods and increase efficiency.
- Provides technical consultation to, and coordinates with other engineers, mechanical,environmental and civil, and with construction trades persons and maintenance personnel,along with all users, and supervisors.
- Provides technical input to the Annual Work Plan process.
- Provides technical advisory service to the Directorate of Public Works in developing criteria for equipment installation, maintenance, repair, and construction requests.
- Identifies spare parts requirements for electrical systems.
- Keeps ahead of emerging trends and technologies for electrical systems and project development tools.
- Uses computers and software such as, Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD), project tracking programs and other tools to solve engineering problems and facilitate work.
- Keeps current on relevant software applications.
- Prepares operating plans in accordance with assigned requirements.
- Provides operational drawings and operating & maintenance procedures to maintenance shops.
- Performs systems assessments and prepares associated reports and project documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of a broad range of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices, materials, electrical equipment, HVAC systems and controls, and lighting.
- Knowledge to determine compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulations.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing; and maintain good working relations.
- Must have valid state driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Pass any background checks and/or drug testing required by contract.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of at least 4 years or more operational experience as an Electrical Engineer or in the field of electrical engineering.
- On an EIT PE track, additional certifications, and experience with professional facilities, program/project management, and/or logistics is a plus.
About the Company:
- Engineers, Analysts, and Developers at this company are highly motivated, technical, and self‐organized.
- We place a lot of trust in our team members to develop technical solutions for ill‐defined problems (i.e. thrive in an environment where the problem is vague, requirements are lacking, and a solution is not obvious).
- We need problem solvers.
- We want our team members to be self‐motivated and eager to learn new skills.
- If you consider yourself a jack‐of‐all‐trades, and are eager to keep up with the latest trends in technology, you’ll fit right in.
- Small Business providing strategies and services to support an array of clients in Data Science, Software Development, Modeling and Simulation, and Energy.
- We offer our clients nimble, unique, and value focused solutions with an emphasis on people, connectivity, communication, and team work.
- Our team believes that people drive solutions.
- By connecting people, information, teams, and experience we deliver solutions that respond to customer needs.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at email@example.com .
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.