Immediate 6 month position available in Carterville, IL
The position of Pump Repair Mechanic 1 is responsible for trouble-shooting, service, repair and maintenance of equipment in a safe and efficient manner in the shop or at a customer job site.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform routine oil changes, part changes, inspections, preventative maintenance and servicing as directed on equipment between each rental.
- Diagnose and report any damage to the Service Manager.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list for assigned equipment.
- Review list of parts with Service Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on Company vehicles and shop support equipment as directed (air dryer, chain saws, lifts, etc.).
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ability to diagnose simple mechanical issues
- Basic knowledge of diesel engines
- Basic knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques to repair and maintain equipment
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and managers both verbally and in writing
- One to two years of experience and/or training or combination of education, training and experience with minor diesel engine repairs and maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prolonged standing on concrete floors; lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; moderate bending and stooping
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to email@example.com. All applicants will receive feedback o