Immediate 1 year position available in Huntersville, NC.JOB DESCRIPTION:
Examples of current activities may include the following:
- The License Renewal Application (LRA) Subject Matter Expert (SME) position reports to the Manager.
- Subsequent License Renewal, and is responsible for providing technical expertise and mentoring for the team of personnel responsible for the development of Subsequent License Renewal (SLR) Applications.
- In this capacity, the LRA SME will be required to interface, as needed, on project status and needs with site and corporate personnel as well as with industry peers to address SLR application technical and regulatory issues.
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and the ability to develop technically adequate yet cost effective solutions are skills required for this position.
- Travel to participate in project meetings may be required.
- Primary responsibility shall be to provide regulatory and technical leadership to the fleet project team for all preparation and submittal activities required for a Subsequent License Renewal Application.
- Provide expertise and recommended technical direction to the Project Team including identification of project tasks required for each phase of the SLR project.
- Preparation and development of consistent, organized and accurate basis documentation and calculations in support of the SLR Application.
- Work with other personnel/SLR project team members on LRA knowledge development on all aspects of SLR application preparation and development.
- Perform SLRA functions including scoping and screening of equipment, aging management reviews and aging management program (AMP) development.
- Understanding of Design Basis documents including calculations, system and program descriptions, and engineering drawings.
- Perform Identification and Resolution of Time Limited Aging Analyses.
- Understanding of applicability and use of existing License Renewal Application information.
- Development of responses to NRC Requests for Additional Information.
- Working knowledge of SLRA industry guidance and regulatory documents such as a NEI 95-10, NEI 17-01, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), LR/SLR GALL report and LR/SLR SRP.
- Ensures adherence to the project schedule while maintaining high quality standards for project deliverables.
- Interface with fleet and site personnel on SLR required input and reviews.
- Individual may also be required to provide input to estimates of project costs and resource needs in support of budget projections and planning.
- Develops positive working relationships with Fleet and Site organizations.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline from an ABET accredited program with a minimum of 10 years of nuclear power plant experience, 5 of which should be in the preparation of License Renewal Applications.
- Experience developing License Renewal Applications to meet Generic Aging Lessons Learned (GALL) Revision 2 guidance is preferred as is Project Management experience and a Professional Engineer or Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license.
- Previous experience in Licensing or License Renewal Application work is required and viewed to be highly desirable.
- Experience with LRA development within the past 10 years.
- Working knowledge of LRA process and basis document development.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience at a nuclear utility.
- Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Demonstrated excellent technical writing and the ability to develop and document engineering analyses.
- Demonstrated self-motivating, self-initiating, leadership attributes and assumes full responsibility for assignments.
- Demonstrated effective planning, time management, and prioritizing skills to achieve desired results with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated effective communication, speaking, negotiating, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and team oriented skills.
- Demonstrated results oriented bias for action.
Minimum Preferred certification/degree:
- Experience with any of the company nuclear facilities.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Understanding of Passport Asset Suite software tool (CAS, Ventyx, Fusion, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related Technical field Technology.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Previous exposure to work planning and management software tools.
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to email@example.com All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.