|VP, Consumer Services|
This leadership position within the Company's Contact Center and Services business is responsible for directing both the strategic priorities and operational service activities associated with the Company’s Direct to Consumer platforms as well as driving service excellence, positive P&L growth and a world-class consumer experience. This role will also maximize the utilization and effectiveness of Company’s digital channels by partnering and collaborating with business leadership in a matrixed environment to translate Company and CCS business plans into specific department objectives.
This role will own the development of plans to optimize efficiency and consumer experience, which are central to CCS’s operating principles, while aligning and leading the operational voice of both our agents and consumers within sales, marketing and customer relationships. This leader will ultimately be accountable for ensuring that Company’s commitment to providing exceptional customer service and consumer experiences is delivered leveraging its technology, processes and people.
The Team’s Focus
Company’s Contact Center Services Group is charged with answering consumer telephone calls through which consumers and certain business-to-business customers and partners interact with the company. Our highly customer service oriented associates take pride in assisting consumers with their credit-related questions, concerns and needs as well as supporting Company’s business customers and partners.
How You’ll Contribute:
• Drives business service level performance and leads all capacity, staffing, budget, performance and training activities to fulfill consumer service requests received through multiple contact channels
• Develops and continually refines the service foundations to fulfill Company’s Consumer Experience
• Accountable for managing an expense budget in excess of $5mm and a staff of more than 200 between Company associate and vendor partner resourced teams
• Successfully develops and maintains internal and external customer relationships through effective communication and interpersonal skills as well as pro-active engagement and collaboration with matrix teams
• Owns the digital service channel for consumer operations and its performance as measured by target channel utilization, cost, unintended service bleed, the quality of the consumer experience, consistency with cross-channel experiences and compliance with all applicable local, state, province, or country regulatory laws and rules or regulations
• Drives service excellence across all facets of the technology, processes and people within the consumer team. Ensures that all service levels standards are met or exceeded. Ensures optimal business controls tied to process standards, KPIs and performance management standards. Independently works with peers and their teams to resolve issues and escalates as appropriate to ensure aligned resolution messaging
• Institutes repeatable and scalable process and structure as well as drives the ability to quickly and collaboratively organize “reactions” addressing tactical solutions, when needed, while also proactively identifying risks and mitigating solutions
• Ensures adherence to external governance as well as company policies and procedures and creates a culture that is driven to provide reliable, high quality service to customers and consumers
• Develops and manages monitoring processes in line with the organization’s risk control framework to include the development of expectations, metrics, reporting, and monitoring routines to support consistent high-quality service performance and a cycle of continuous improvement
• Acts as decision maker regarding investments to drive improvements
• Establishes and leads critical financial drivers to be able to measure digital channel performance holistically to consider both intended and unintended consequences
• Collaborates with CCS operations leadership counterparts to maintain channel readiness via service support plans
• Accountable for partnering across matrix functions
• Acts as the digital service channel subject matter expert
• Establishes strategic, operational excellence and technology priorities, as informed by business strategy
• Partners with CCS leaders and Company’s Legal/Compliance staff on analytical insights and any data or workflow design implementation requirements
• For the department, leads strategic and organizational improvement initiatives with aligned talent acquisition and development focuses to ensure organizational readiness
• Actively support’s Company’s employment engagement and social responsibility programs. Fosters a safe and diverse working environment and leads peers and team members by their example
• Ensures the protection of Company assets inclusive of confidential non-public information in accordance with information security policy
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Occasional business travel: 25%-30% of time
What You’ll Bring:
• Demonstrated ability to handle any situation with confidence and conviction along with experience in successfully navigating and operating within a matrixed organization.
• 10+ years of leadership experience in a high volume regulated contact center, including 3-5 years demonstrated experience in digital channel servicing to include web, email, and chat.
• A demonstrated ability to manage and develop people and effective teams.
• A Bachelor's degree and/or 8+ years of operations leadership experience in a Contact Center environment
• The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership success and accountability as well as analytical, creative collaboration, project management, and solution development skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are key for this role.
• Should have experience with technical solution and service delivery in state and federal regulated businesses.
• Ability to communicate and influence individuals in a range of settings, including presenting presenting groups and building support for the execution of new strategies, initiatives and approaches.
• Must have high proficiency in business case development and use of Microsoft Office software
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.