Our client is seeking a dynamic and proven sales professional living in Texas, able to achieve revenue targets within assigned market by selling Sensor Systems products and services. Prospecting through both cold calling and warm leads is required. This is a virtual, work-from-home position with required travel (all expenses paid).
They provide leading edge technology in chemical detection of illegal / toxic substances for use in industries like border security, ATF, TSA, government buildings, prisons, law enforcement and the military. The candidate they hire must already have an extensive list of key contacts in one or more of these sectors due to the length of the sales cycle. Please only apply if you have such contacts and can clearly illustrate the extent of those contacts in the application process. This is also a complex technical, consultative and solution-oriented type of selling, so prior similar long sales cycle (1-2 years) experience is required.Principal Duties:
- Achieve annual sales quota of products and/or services in the Territory
- Present Company in a professional manner to potential and current customers
- Establish a point of contact for customers. Ensure that customers and prospects have access to the people or information they require and that their deadlines are met. Work internally to meet customer needs and assist in creating a customer-centric environment.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer expectations and ensuring 100% satisfaction to retain and increase business with existing customers
- Recruit new customers for Company products in the Territory
- Develop and execute annual sales plan (and budget) for the Territory
- Prepare monthly reports on sales status and promotional activities
- Use Salesforce system on a daily basis to update activity and customer interaction and track sales pipeline
- Assist in the coordination of business meetings and sales meetings as requested and lead sales efforts in events
- Contribute to the collation of information about competitors and the market condition
- Collaborate with other team members and cross-functionally to work towards overall company growth
- Appropriate time should be spent on closing deals for current year and creating pipeline and backlog for the following year
- All other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be proficient with: Salesforce, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to prepare sales-related materials.
- Manage multiple tasks consistent with immediate priorities, department and company objectives and strategy. Function independently on regular duties. Complete assignments with minimal direction and guidance from management.
- Be able to attain Security Clearance (as necessary)
- Attend and perform training as required
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Excellent selling skills and proven ability to close new business and retain existing customers
- Successful track record of exceeding quota
- Knowledge of and extensive contacts in one or more of the following industries: defense/security (screening, checkpoint, border patrol, etc., not IT security)/law enforcement/corrections industries
- Proven scientific aptitude with the ability to communicate knowledge effectively to others
- Proven complex technical, consultative and solution-oriented type of selling with long sales cycles (6+ months to 2+ years) is required
- Ability to develop and deliver persuasive presentations
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and Salesforce or similar CRM software
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- 3-5 years experience in sales
- 3-5 years experience in defense/security/law enforcement/corrections industries
- B.S. Science/Engineering/Business
Compensation:75-90k Salary (based on experience)Commissions (all in expected 125-150k+)Full expense accountGreat benefits50% travel (all expenses paid)
- Travel to trade shows and conferences as requested by management or as dictated by territory needs.
- Travel to customer sites in the Territory.
- Perform sedentary work - exerting up to fifty pounds of force occasionally. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Ability to travel up to and exceeding 50%
- Ability to transport demo equipment to and from customer sites including setup and tear down.
- See, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity; standing, walking and other similar tasks requiring physical activity.
- Operate standard office equipment including a computer, copier, fax, phone and other similar office equipment.
- Work setting is primarily office based but conditions may involve limited exposure to chemicals, emitted radiation, fumes, dust, odors, gases and other substances when in a laboratory environment.
- Experience as former end user a plus