Most companies today use some form of recruiting software (Click here), as well as software for human resources, payroll and staffing purposes. However, those companies may not know how much more they could benefit from Software as a Service.
Software as a Service, or SaaS, is a fairly new business model that allows companies to use the software applications they rely on every day in a whole new way. There are currently thousands of SaaS applications that can handle a variety of tasks.
New technology is allowing SaaS companies to provide their services to clients at a low cost by using cloud computing, open development and flexible software models. In addition, SaaS allows companies to choose their own pricing plan so they can get the most for their money.
Here are the top five reasons your company should be using SaaS, as compiled by Gather:
- 1. It’s ready-made – SaaS is “ready made” for specific industries. For instance, SaaS recruiting software is specifically tailored to hiring managers and recruiters and is often developed by them. The cost and time it would take for a company to create its own tailor-made software greatly outweighs the cost of an SaaS solution.
- 2. You get the most bang for your buck – Most SaaS providers charge a monthly fee that you can cancel at any time, as opposed to a large upfront cost and timed contracts. This makes for a low-cost program that your company can evaluate over time.
- 3. There’s no installation required – Most SaaS solutions come from “the cloud,” meaning the programs are accessible online and don’t require you to install anything on a computer. This not only saves time and resources, but also allows your company’s employees to access the software anywhere and at any time.
- 4. You get expert support – Because SaaS is industry specific, many providers are experts in the industry, meaning you will receive better support than with a more broad software.
- 5. You can take advantage of real-time collaboration – Since SaaS is offered online, many solutions include a social networking aspect that allows for real-time updates and news. This makes it easy for employees to communicate and view incoming data.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, join our LinkedIn Users Group, or YouTube to stay in the loop, and watch the lower portion of of your PCRecruiter login screen for all the latest blog posts and updates.