PCRecruiter has a new update this week, with plenty of tweaks and fixes “below the waterline” as usual, plus some noticeable improvements for system users.
All new in this release is a series of tools for managing split-desk recruiting and staffing, where multiple users can split credit for apportioning money commissions or performance measures. These are further refined by the main PCRecruiter record types of organizations, jobs, and people.
These new tools will help you automate the divvying up of activity to make calculating your commissions and incentive plans much easier. Here’s a video overview of how they work:
In addition to the user activity credit and fee splitting enhancements, we’ve also made several other changes:
- We’ve made improvements to our CV parsing for Latin America. This update enhances the Add Resume screen’s ability to better recognize and segment multi-part first and surnames, and other parts of the contact data. We continue to improve our parser as we encounter resumes and CVs of varying contact info formats.
- The company / organization record in PCRecruiter has a legacy “Email/WWW Address” field, which can be used for storing either the company website or a general email address.Users have asked us for an easy way to separate these items out into two fields, so we’ve added a new Split Company Email / WWW Field item to the Global Change area in the System menu. This new utility will allow you to migrate all of the email addresses or all of the web addresses from the standard field to a Custom Field of your choice.
- Our PCRCapture plugin for Google Chrome is now equipped to recognize Monster-formatted contacts.
- The customized Placement screen layouts can now use Horizontal Splitters. These splitters can also be labeled, giving you the ability to break down the placement screen into clear workflow steps (e.g. “1. Complete this segment and Save before proceeding.”)
- This quarter, Main Sequence implemented a new customer service system, enhancing the capabilities of our award-winning support team to search, merge, and fine-tune tickets and customer communications. These tools will increase our ability to identify, and successfully fulfill customer requests more quickly and conveniently.
- We’ve also implemented systemic changes to further strengthen PCR’s commercially-high standard of security. These include changes to session authentication procedures, which integrate both local and network-based authenticators. Many security organizations recommend a value of 30 minutes or less of inactivity before automatic log-out, although many users find that interval inconveniently short. The default value is currently 180 min and can be adjusted by your database administrator within the System > Global Timeout area.Please also note that customers are responsible for final configuration of user-exposed security options, such as password strength and end-user permissions. If you wish to review PCRecruiter security settings or schedule a training session on the topic, contact Main Sequence support.
Please get in touch below if you have comments about this update or related topics you’d like to discuss.
And if you’d like to tell us a bit more about yourself and what you get out of PCRecruiter in general, we’ve got a user survey here. Your ideas can be rocket-fuel for tech companies, so please pour it on!